Saturday, November 11, 2006

snoring!


You'll be amazed at what one can blog about with just four hours of work. Honestly, I'm beginning to love working at my workplace, not just because of its high wage, but also of the interesting events that happen. Let me relate.

I started work sleepily and slightly restless. Besides, ushering for the SSO performance isn't exactly very awakening.

So there I was, hoping to get a bit lucky with eye candies. I mean, hey, it's an orchestra performance, and artsy-fartsy people tend to have more pleasurable features.
Then the tourists came. Hong Kong Study group. Their first time in my work venue. Definitely.

How do I know? By the waa-ing and ooo-ing audible expressions and their numerous photo cameras and video cameras. Honestly, surely it is common sense that if the person seated at your right is told that photography is not allowed, the same rule would apply to you right!

My goodness! It was simply exciting, like a see-which-camera-can-evade-the-usher game. Telling one patron the no-photography rule resulted in two more cameras being whipped out! Not to mention their video-graphy too. Alamo's!

Then another group of patrons came in. A group of girls, in their early to middle teens. A music class, if my ears served me accurately. The most bizarre thing is, they look around to see if there are any ushers in the vicinity watching them, and because when they look around, their head moves, which grabs my attention, and so they exchange eye contact with me for a split second or two and they proceed to do whatever they wish to do, be it using their handphone or taking a photo!

Wah piang! Talk about folly of all follies!

Finally, the best for last, snoring during the performance! That's right. there's no typo error there. There was this male patron, middle aged, alone, who slept and snored during the second half of the performance. Hey, I know some musicians determine the receptiveness and enjoyment of their performance via the number of people dozing but snoring?!?!?! Furthermore, when I gently tapped him on the shoulder to rouse him awake, he stared at me!

As if I did something wrong, which perhaps i did, after all nobody wishes to be awakened during their sleep, and also perhaps he felt humiliated, but hey! his snore was low, audible and a crescendo! IMHO, it was disrupting the performance!

After the performance ended, he walked right up to me and stared me in the face! He then walked out to the door, turned and then stared at me again before proceeding off.

Well, that's all. Four hour performance. Eventful. Can't imagine what it would be like when I work tomorrow. Oh well, till then, take care ya beloved reader and God bless!