Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year Resolutions

The start of the new year brings about promise, and a certain mystery, to what life will be after army.

Perhaps army is a dementor in its way. Yet, in all its evil, it allows me to spell out my own Patronus, and light the way.

A new year of promise. New adventures to encounter. The start of routines, that will escalate and end in a different world altogether.

And, I already have my first new year resolution. Which is to be a good secret keeper. I could just blame it on army and say secrets are not kept but shared, all in the name of unity. Or I could just blame it on my loose tongue.

But, loose it is no more. For now. For my kids. And for my future. Well, the one that's in my mind now. That might involve confidentiality clauses. (No, I'm not becoming a patient.)

You just gotta appreciate kids. Blunt, honest and crude. Nay a hint of tact, nor agile sensitivity, they just dish it to you the way it is. And you can't fault them for it.