Friday, June 25, 2010

So much software to be downloaded at the start

So I managed to get my desktop fixed by buying a new hard drive.
(never going to buy any internal hard drive from western digital again)
But what struck me after installing my Win 7 is the amount of software that I need to download for my day to day operations.
And I don't mean the 20+ windows updates.
Here's what I downloaded:
(I personally recommend these softwares)

Music
iTunes

Video
VLC

Communications
WLM
Skype

Internet Browsers
Mozilla Firefox
Google Chrome
Apple Safari
Internet Explorer

System maintenance
Auslogics Disk Defrag
Revo Uninstaller
CC Cleaner

Security
Spybot Search and Destroy
Malwarebytes Anti Malware
Ad-Aware
Avira AntiVir

Miscellaneous
Notepad ++
Audacity
Core FTP Lite
MagicDisc
7zip
Any Video Converter
Videora Ipod Video Converter

Those are 19 applications.
And I haven't included the add-ons like flash player, java handlers etc.
And all these before I can actually start to do any work.

(So tempting to compare these list of apps to those of a mac)