Thursday, May 05, 2011

We are mere mortals

I was working the other night for a local musical at an international acclaimed arts venue. After the musical, the artistes held an autograph session and I was positioned at the front of the queue to facilitate crowd movement.

Being at the front of the queue meant I was standing a feet away from a local male artiste, though he's more popular for his female role.

And our eyes met. Now before you start thinking of bizarre fantasies or homosexual chemistry tendencies, let me clarify that there was no love lost between me and him.

In fact, I had a brief glimpse of loneliness and fatigue. In that quick moment of clarity and bareness of the soul, I came to one realization. We are mere mortals.

No matter what positions we hold in social circles, or how high we are on the career ladder, or how famous we are due to some hit about a certain day of the week, or to never say never, we are just mere mortals.

Before you chase for fame or glory, or stab the back in front of you, pause and take a minute to know that the neighbor beside you is as human as you are.

We are mere mortals, not gods.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8