Wednesday, October 03, 2007

bummer

haha blogger's getting more feature-packed eh. now there are buttons to ease up adding images and videos, and hosting on its site too.

hmm, I've been thinking back through my internship days, and reflecting on what I've learnt, but I realise I actually did more teaching than being taught. See, I've helped my colleague master downloading torrents, and then, I've introduced Allpeers,(www.allpeers.com) a Firefox extension, to two of my colleagues. This extension allows the transfer of files via Firefox, but both parties have to be online at the same time, and transfer speed is dependent on browser speed.


Also, I've helped my colleagues upgrade to WLM 8.5, introduced to them WLM Plus Live! (www.msgpluslive.net), because it has a boss-shortcut, that's super useful at work - regardless whether you have a rear view mirror attached to your monitor or not - helped them patch it with Mess Patch (Mess Patch ), by patching I mean, help to remove advertisements and create a more personalised messaging experience.

Hmm, I've spread 'the love' of Heroes with them, infecting 7 staff, inclusive of my supervisor. I've shared about 100 gig of movies, in total, with them; them meaning uh 7 staff. and yea, including the supervisor.

I've showed a couple of them to VLC Media Player (www.videolan.org/vlc, introduced various Firefox Add-Ons to them, like IE Tab (addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419, which allows you to open Internet Explorer within Firefox. Hee, you can do Windows Update right within Firefox!. And many others la. too many to count.

But you get the picture. Maybe cause I'm more tech-savvy at such stuff. Like they tend to find me if they need technical advice, like getting a new hard drive and such.

So overall, I kinda give more than take in for my internship, ya know. Bummer. But i can't put these down for my report because according to Section something of the rules and conduct stuff, students aren't allowed to download stuff.

Not that I'm admitting I did. (to save my own back)

But, you get the picture. Lots of stuff I wished I said but I can't.

Bummer. Now, how do I bend the rules. hmm. Can't talk bout me playing Yahoo Pool! with my colleague. Or the music. Or downloading Heroes. Bummer.