Friday, May 23, 2008

AGM

Packed auditorium. A number of people seated sleeping. Boring speeches. All devoured the post-reception enthusiastically.

Sounds like any company's AGM?

It's a Graduation Ceremony.

It went quite alright; I managed to grab a few winks. [eh, I didn't go to hear speeches hor]

Besides, the emcee merely repeated whatever that was printed in the programme booklet. Sheesh. How lazy can she be?

Imagine me being the emcee. I won't dispense with the formalities.

Me: Yo, yo, yo! Welcome to the Graduation Party. [serious voice] All rise! [whips out hammer and whacks the podium three times. Guest of Honor walks in and takes his or her seat.] Alright, let's dispense with the formalities. DJ! Let's get this party started!

And, graduands dance their way to the middle of the stage to collect their cert and belly bounce with the Mp before heading off.

All, to the beat of club music.

With me, it's not hard to imagine. =)