Friday, November 21, 2008

Are you?

Once in a while, I take a step back from the uncertainties and challenges of life and ask myself, "If I die now, would I be happy?"

Morbid some might say, but it always helps me to judge myself; in terms of satisfaction; in terms of living a good life; in terms of aiding others to get a good life.

Sometimes I think I would be rather happy if I were to perish at that point in time, other times I think I would be disappointed at myself.

Sometimes I think wouldn't it be nice if we all took a step back and observed others. But this would never happen of course, because in the circle of life, there are the observers and the observed.

To grasp the fact that there are so many people in this world, and so little time, and because of the short span of life, the impact that we have on each person that we come across is multiplied, and so we should maximize the quality of the interactive period we have with that particular being.

Are you making good use of the little time you have in your life?