Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just straight ahead.

You know how they always say you should never look directly at the sun because you can go blind? Well, I did. And I'm not blind.

But I'm not writing this to encourage you to go stare at the sun directly. Rather, I want to tell you that, well, I saw the sun.

I know, I know, we see the sun everyday what. What's so special about the sun?

I saw the sun in its circular shape. As a circle. How we always draw the sun as it is as a kid. Circle with lines emanating from it to signify its rays.

It was nine in the morning, and the sun was shining in my face. I closed my eyes and then the warmth on my face faded. I opened and saw the full roundness of the sun, its brightness dimmed by a passing cloud.

And I thanked God for the sun.

Sometimes we don't need to look far to see wonders. Just straight ahead.