Sunday, December 26, 2010

The end of a year is always more important than the start.
After all, you might start a race late but if you end early, you'll be crowned a victor.
Then again, I always start the year with the same confidence and prayer-based stride.
But it's how I am at the end of the year; whether I'm crawling on my knees or leaping forward in bounds. Or have collapsed along the way.

So, I look back at this year.
It was green for three quarters. That period is speechless.
Then life started again. Honestly, I'm still adjusting. Then again, I may never adjust. Since life is always changing, we shouldn't adjust because it'll be a different experience again. So a part of me says life has just begun after the end of army. And the other part of me pops up and say well army was part of your life so what do you mean life has just begun. On and on they both squabble.

I do my own mental checklist.
Have I made a positive difference in others' lives?
What errors have I done that I might change?
What were the changes in my life?

I dare say the positive differences have been fulfilled with my current job. And the joy I know I've brought about to the colleagues around me.

No major heartbreaks this year, no major setbacks. Sure, there were challenges. But so far, nothing life threatening. But, if everything is just a challenge to me, what would be deemed life threatening?

Next year proves to be more of a challenge. Two jobs and school. And lots and lots and lots of people. The challenge is not juggling all three, but in that I would have enough time to commune with myself, and with He that resides within me.

There were a few crucial happenings I remember this year. One was when I went back to my ushering job for a refresher and caught up with my old peers there. Second was when I started work, and my past and current experiences with my colleagues. Third is the constant emotional revival I get fro my three kids. And last is this hot chick I met two days ago. :D

Now that I more or less know my own character, I am merely coping to its changes that life's events have molded it to be. Like patience definitely gets tested. Not so much of joviality, or my happy go luckiness. Several times, empathy leaves for a breather. But joy always comes in the morning.

Thank God for making me helpful and kind. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think I'm so awesome. And it's only cause I was created like that. But maybe my thick skin was self-grown. Hah. ;)