Monday, January 24, 2011

Observation

I was at the counter at the local supermart. A father dragging his slippers walked past me on the way out. He dropped his coins. He raised his feet, slid the coins behind and strode away. His mother, following along behind him, dutifully knelt down, scooped up the coins and followed after him.

Interesting relationship dynamic, wouldn't you think?

The space beside me was rather narrow, so I figured, perhaps it's not a permanent thing, so I followed them out of the store with my eye till they were out of the supermart. And the same thing again. The mother was standing behind her husband, tagging along.

Clearly this is a patriarch family system. I can only wonder how the son will grow up in the future. Whether history repeats itself, or his wife will be on par with him.