Monday, January 24, 2011

Paint that serves as a switch

Imagine turning on and off the light just by touching a portion of the wall coated with a special paint. No need to get up and turn on the light just to go to the bathroom, or drag yourself out of bed just to walk across the room to switch off the light and crawl back to bed again. Just touch the wall and darkness prevails.

Go to http://technabob.com/blog/2011/01/23/onoff-paint-touch-sensitive-wall-switch/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+TechnabobtechNewsBlog+(technabob) for more info.

Now, this probably wouldn't be practical for those of us who have numerous electric appliances. I can totally imagine the numerous barcodes on my wall coated with these paints. But I can see one practical use for this though. I wouldn't mind painting the bottom of my sink with this paint, and via my feet, turning the tap on or off, so I wouldn't have to worry about oily faucets or dirty knobs.