Thursday, April 14, 2011

computers ftw

My neighbor wanted to use my computer a few days ago, or so my mum told me. My mum told my neighbor she didn't know how to use the computer so she couldn't agree.

The first thought that came to me was 'no way was I going to let a stranger use my computer'. And so it struck me how protective I was about a piece of metal.

The computer has evolved from simple machines tasked to think, and crunch up numbers, and form the c in computer, to a personal assistant and life balancer. We depend on it on a daily basis. Not only does it control and grant access to our online personas, it holds our physical life intact as well.

I can't imagine the damage a stranger can do to my computer. The various accounts holding my most private data, like credit cards or addresses etc. It actually frightens me.

Furthermore, imagine if through misconduct or ignorance, a stranger introduces a virus or a hacking tool into my computer.

Who will bear the cost?

Certainly not the stranger.

Computers ftw.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8