Thursday, September 29, 2011

RIP John Dye

I was watching the 63rd Emmy Awards the other day, and there was this section of the show where they paid tribute to key personnel that has passed on such as actors and actresses as well as directors and scriptwriters. It was with sadness that I realized John Dye has passed on.

I remember him most significantly in the TV series Touched By An Angel. My family would watch that show while eating dinner. It was a damn awesome show that evoked much fuzzy feelings inside, and taught me all about love. It was all about the simple things really.

In the TV shows, John starred as the Angel of Death. He would always appear in the scenes with this sad face full of anguish at horrible deaths, or at un-peaceful passing ons.

If I could, I would definitely collect the whole seasons of Touched By An Angel, and watch it over and over again with my family.