Friday, October 21, 2011

Lonely Child

My sister is getting married! Good news of course. No doubt I feel happy for her, that she can proceed to another stage of life. Yet, I feel a little sad within as well. Sure, I'll see her every now and then, but now it'll just be me and my parents as she will be moving out soon.

I am comfortably close with my sis. Despite five years age difference, we do get along well. I can't remember the last time we quarreled. We definitely had our differences but we are more different than similar, and we acknowledge that. That's why we ask each others' opinion because we know it would definitely be from a different perspective.

Now we aren't as thick as thieves or like super duper close sortof thing. We do embrace modern communication, and when we don't see each other physically, we communicate via other platforms like whatsapp or sms or twitter. We don't share much secrets. But we do know the meaning of empathy.

This would not have been possible without my parents. Through their actions and family or house-oriented thoughts and plans, me and my sis have learned the power of empathy in consoling one another.

And that thought that now, it'll just be me and my four walls, with no one to physically bicker about makes me rather, well, sad. I mean, blood is thicker than water. But within blood itself, there are several thickness standards. The standard between me and her is one of the highest.

Oh, I can say she'll be definitely happy when she's moving out. For a lot of reasons. I mean, we're talking about ownership, land/room/territory disputes, placement of objects, tidiness of clothes, and the list goes on and on and on.

Yet, no matter what, I know she's just a whatsapp away.