Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ah time, how fast thee passeth

Ah Father Time. Thee speedeth by so fast, the sun has risen 365 times already.

So this is Christmas, and what have you done?

Indeed. I have done so much and yet so little. Do I feel more accomplished in my life? More personal satisfaction? I think I do. I have found love. I am still able to help people in my work. I have helped thousands of people for majority of the year before I had to leave due to undesirable circumstances. Then I found another job, and am still able to continue serving people.

I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

Fun. What a word to describe a year. A year of fun. Of ups and downs, of thrills and spills, of broken hearts. Yet, fun is something that defies our definition of life. Can life be fun? Definitely.

What is fun? Laughter? Joy? Emotional security? Not being burdened with materialistic achievements or goals and taking a backseat to smile and be merry?

If that is so, then my year was one full of fun.

What about yours? Can your life be summed up in a word?