Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Home is where the Ohm is

If you're in India, home is where Ohm is. Bandra Ohm I mean.


Designed by James Law of James Law Cybertecture International, this 140m tower is apparently inspired by "the ripple effect generated by water droplets." Part of me wishes Singapore had these kind of buildings instead of HDBs. Then again, with all the bamboo poles sticking out, it will probably turn out to be a huge rambutan or something.

(Yes, the huge void in the middle does remind me of Allspark from Transformers.)

Another interesting feature is those blue lines you see glistening outwards are actually pools.


Since this is located in India, I'm guessing it will probably be rather hot, thus people need to cool down in a pool.This would be totally cool too, cause you can strip your clothes, wash it in the pool, drape it over the glass, go for a relaxing swim, and a nice tan, and then wear back your gently roasted clothes back on.

I'm assuming the rain direction is not angled in, and that there are few birds flying around. I can only imagine wanting to swim, but having to call the pool cleaners every time.

You can view more pictures here.