Monday, September 10, 2012

Weird Proposal

I came across this very very weird proposal by a guy to his girlfriend. 

This is how 30-years-old Alexey Bykov proposed. He covered himself with a lot of blood, and had a group of friends or fellow conspirators pretend he was involved in a bad accident. Throw in a couple of wrecked vehicles and ambulances, and the stage was set. 

Someone called his girlfriend, who rushed down to see the scene for herself. A paramedic (or conspirator) told her he was dead. 

Then he 'came back from the dead' and proposed to her. 

Now, this is the weirdest reasoning I ever heard and his reason for such an elaborate proposal is that "I wanted her to realize how empty her life would be without me and how life would have no meaning without me. I think it worked but I promise it's the last time."

I would never do something like that, to be honest. It takes a lot of responsibility, and pride (a huge load of it) to say something like that. I'm pretty sure there are other ways to demonstrate the importance of him in her life, and frankly shouldn't a proposal be about how empty his life would be without her, and not the other way round? 

Btw, I have no clue how he promised that it would be the last time, cause we all will die one day no?

More info here