Saturday, December 22, 2012

iFixit Thirsty Bag

Once, the bottle of water in my bag leaked. I panicked and rushed to the nearest restroom, where I delicately dismantled the components of my PSP and blew it dry under the hand dryer. Unfortunately, it wasn't a success, and my three hundred odd dollars investment was gone.

Now, if I had an iFixit Thirsty Bag, there is a higher chance my PSP might still be functioning. A simple seal-proof bag containing extra-absorbent beads, it promises to pull moisture out of any electronic device. Some might say, why not just throw it in a packet of rice? This solution does come up quite regularly in search results on what to do if your device is wet. But, who carries a packet of rice everywhere? (I'm not talking about the cooked types.)





You can find more info here and the bag/s are selling for 9.95 pounds each. Definitely an ideal gift for those whose electronics keep getting dunked in water, (or you are preparing to dunk their devices in water.)