Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Regret

At times, the mouth speaks words that are not strung together nicely. That which is thought in the mind, is not expressed accurately in the mouth.

Honestly, I should have phrased it better.

Times like this, I feel like turning back the clock but what is said cannot be unsaid. What is done cannot be undone.

Yet, I know you are The One for me, and I am not going to leave you. Time and time again, you ask me how sure I am, and why I believe so. Every time, I told you and will tell you, that you didn't come into my life for a reason.

In retrospect, what sparked off our relationship was very unusual. A simple loan of $10 brought us together. At times, it seems so magical, so smooth-sailing. Everything that happens along the way seems to fall into place, like jigsaw pieces fitting each other snugly.

And then, there are trying times, like now. Where there are misunderstandings, and signals being misread, and all contributing to the doubt that we aren't meant for each other. But we are only mere mortals, each different from another. Human error will naturally occur, and as in the case today, my fault.

But, I'm not going to give up. You've made sacrifices for our future, it is only fair that I do my part too. I made the promise that I will never leave you, and I am going to stand by that promise.

I'm not giving up.

Let His will be done.