Monday, October 31, 2005

the aftershocks

the aftershocks over last night has finally arrived. my heart rebels against me. not believing. that in a night, just one night, my life has turned upside down.

i was perfectly fine walking on a plank between two cliffs.. till the surging waves came. pushing me off-balance, making me fall.. and holding on to the plank with one hand.. the plank that is my life..

i desperately cling on.. with my heart half gone.. knowing.. i have others to think about.. i have made the decision.. and i have to live with it. with no warning, a wave breaks my plank in half.. and the only way to go is down.

will i survive? the battle in me. my heart perplexed but not destroyed.. only time will tell. and the steps of faith that i have to take.

amen.

"Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away." Song Of Songs 8:7