Saturday, November 05, 2005

Dear Lord

Dear Lord,

Thank thee for keeping my safe day and night.
For thy angels that watch over me
For thy presence that washes over me.

But now i have a dire need.
With a humble heart you i seek.

You know my present and my past
and that which did not last
You know my hopes my dreams
and the girl that called me mean.

You know my situation
You see my devastation

All i ask is your fire
and may thee forgive me for wronging thy child
Every word that i mutter
offends her
Every thing i do
is useless.

Help me climb out of this well i'm in
The soil and clay that tucks me in
Try to rise but then i fall
Ask for less but i want more

People say time heals all wounds
You're the Father of all, Father of time
I know you'll heal me too.

Help me Lord
Help me through
I can't seem to do enough for you.

In Christ's name i pray,
Amen.