Thursday, September 21, 2006

Two Shows, One Day, Pure Bliss.


Today was a tiring day. Oh well, earning 72 bucks for being on my toes for 9 hours ain't that bad. And the girls too, of course.
I did two events today, matinee in the afternoon and a more relaxed and happier one in the night. Had to wolf down a sandwich for dinner because I didn't have enough time to have a proper meal. It wasn't that bad a sandwich, though it costs me four bucks. But it's rather huge. So big I took twenty minutes to kiss down half of it lor. It's kindof like a kiss ya know, cause the meat is one big piece, and you wanna let go cause you needa breathe, you need air, you need oxygen! but you cant! Cause you're in a kiss! Well, sortof la huh. Depends on what point of view you look at it from, after all, nobody purses their lips to eat sandwiches. [I didn't hor!]
Anyway, on the whole, the day was rather enjoyable. Just that I ended up doing baggage check for the matinee! And there were like students of all shapes and sizes, from primary to JC if i'm not wrong. I know ACS was there. And quite a few others. AND THE LOWER SECONDARY SCHOOL KIDS WERE IRRITATING! Honestly!
Cause there were like two to four baggage checkers, and for some strange reason, the students go in as a school, [not as a class, mind you] thus at one shot, you could have like fifty plus plus plus students coming. So well, it would be so not unlikely that it will go smoothly ma right, then these few people give me some sia lan face. As if i not stressed enough lor. And, hehe, there were a few guys trying to play some joke or something, kept saying they got b**b in their bag and stuff, lol for security reasons i dont wanna type that word out, anyway, back to the story, they were saying it often and the security guard nearby heard. and his body is like a bouncer. So,he turns around, folds his arms, and gives them The look. My goodness, you should have seen the guy's face. He suddenly just diam lor. Hah. That certainly helped to destress me a lot man.
And now, with the experience of checking a hundred plus bags, I only have one thing to say, WHAT ARE KIDS BRINGING TO SCHOOL NOWADAYS!
Due to the nature of my position, I had a 'first-class view' of everything in a bag and will wonders never cease! One guy's bag got five articles of clothing I wondered whether he came to watch the performance or heading for a wayang! Then, there were some utterly cramped with books, one wonders what tools [bulldozer, drill, lorries...] the student uses to retrieve something from the bottom of the bag. And of course, there were the bags who looked so heavy. So heavy with air actually. Because when they opened it for me, inside was empty save for a pencil case or a ultra-thin book or a pencil case. One even had an empty paper bag inside!
Oh well, enough of the students and their bags la, oh got some try to smuggle food in la! hee I just cant stop typing about them. lol. They hide their mac and BK in their bags then when we ask them to open their bags for bag check, they open all the pockets except the one and only [and usually the main] pocket that has the food. Directly drawing attention to the pocket that has the food. No brainer man. seriously.
Okay la, I'll stop talking about them. Let me talk about my night show instead. heex. It wasn't that bad leh. Surprisingly, or maybe you could call it unsurprisingly, I was more heartfelt in my greetings and 'May I show you to your seat' towards the patrons for my night show, as compared to the day show's 'Please open your bags for bag check {said through clenched teeth}'
Add the fact that my night people are of a higher and more mature class than my afternoon kids. And of course, the sight of two babes. [super ultra extra wide grin] The first one came with her mum, I think she's around my age, probably -2 to + 5 la. Her vital stats probably 32-30-32ish. Unfortunately, she got bf le lor. Well, there wasn't any ring visible but I overheard [they were seated right in front of me] her saying that He carries her bags for her, and I seriously don't think she's talking about her father.
The second one was nicer. Granted that she wasn't that elegantly dressed as the first; long-sleeve shirt + jeans as compared to dress, but hey, her ticket was worth a hundred and forty bucks! And she was with her sister/friend and her mother/grandmother/aunty/guardian which would mean a whooping sum of four hundred and twenty dollars! Add the fact that she's more of my age too. -2 to + 2.
I almost felt like asking her for her number, but! Not my league. Though she has or appears to have more interest in the arts, as compared to her mother/guardian who was yawning repeatedly. Definitely my type! Now, if she just came from a lower standard of living, it would be [smacks lips] irrrrrestible!
Oh, and speaking of numbers, there's this girl that I've been hoping to 'bump' into during work so I can ask her for her number. We've made friends yea, and technically linked through friends and friends of friends, but well, can't seem to see her at all leh. Always like that one, looking for somebody cannot find them, not looking for them always see them hanging around.
K la, enough nonsensical incessant rumbling and endless mutterings.
I've been thinking of getting a pink or purple shirt seh. lol. oh yah, one of my colleagues say I look like Ben Yeo. Look like meh?
hMm and she says I don't like 18 lor. wah, I didn't know I age that much that people think I'm older, or maybe she thinks I'm younger. hMMMmm. [in deep though] Then again, she's like part of the minor minor minority so that's that.
Oh, and on a final and brighter side, yeehah! I'm friends with someone who I was friends with le. Well, obviously in order to be friend that someone cant be a friend first right otherwise how I can be friends with a friend? [grins] Gotcha!