Monday, September 24, 2007

wow has it been so long

haha yea! time for an update I think.

hmmmmm well, since my last entry was pre-Comex, I guess I should continue from there then.

I bought a 320 gig internal hard drive (Sata 2) for $109, thus empowering me to a new level of hard drive storage space, that is 690 GB.

First time installing a new hard drive. Glad it worked well. Learnt quite a lot too, about Sata and IDE and such. Geektalk, in layman's terms. :)

Also bought a 2 gig thumb-drive. Good for transferring movies. Well, the 700 mb kind of movies and not the 4.7 gig kind.

Bought my laptop bag for 78 bucks, but my mum subsidised 50, (refer to previous entry), so it costs me only 28 dollars! Bought a mice for my Mac for $24.

Purchased a variation of CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and DVDs, amounting to around $60.

hmmm what else did I buy ah? Oh yea, some cables for my mac, so I can connect it to a TV screen for better viewing, should the need arise.

Oh, and also an additional battery pack for my phone, since my phone isn't well built for surviving long periods of time. Hmm, now what else did I buy ah?

That's about it I think. Spent around 300 on the fair itself. Well, doubt I might be spending any more on tech gadgets for the rest of the year. Though I'm eyeing an upgrade of Ram and Hard drive for my mac. Ever since I discovered that you don't really need to buy it from Apple Resellers or Apple Online Store. There are alternatives that are compatible with Macs, and aren't really third-party, cause they're safe to use. Just that, you would need to ship them in. =X

And my Ram's a bit tricky too. I've 1 gig, that is 2 X 512mb sticks. But if I want to upgrade to 2 gig, I would need 2 X 1 gig sticks. And if I were to buy 2 X 1 gig sticks, what would I do with my 2 X 512 sticks??

Alright. That's all for the Comex part.