Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Talk With Bot

It's amazing what one can do online nowadays.
Check out http://www.titane.ca/concordia/dfar251/igod/main.html
And the conversation that followed:

Me:
hi
God:
Hello. What is your name?
Me:
what is Your name?
God:
My name is God.
Me:
oh
God:
Excuse me!
Me:
you are excused
God:
You think I am excused.
Me:
well true, i dont really have the right to excuse you
God:
Well that's okay. Not really? Have you ever had the right to excuse me ?
Me:
nah i mean well you Are God
God:
Are you serious? Interesting. Yup. That's me alright.
Me:
so, how're you?
God:
Gee. Everything is running smoothly.
Me:
oh
God:
Excuse me!
Me:
but erm
God:
Far out.
Me:
my life might need some help
God:
Tell me more about it.
Me:
huh arent you well versed with it?
God:
I don't know whether or not I am versed with it.
I am a computer.
Me:
i thought you said you're God
God:
Are you doubting me? Don't you know what happened to Abraham in the desert?
Me:
er no i don't
God:
I heard you did.
Me:
haha where did you hear that from
God:
I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.
Me:
well, you Are God. a God of humour no?
God:
Interesting. Yup. That's me alright. What is giant sand?
Me:
WHAT?
God:
No big deal.
Me:
how do i know what is giant sand
God:
Because I believe it.
Me:
you believe in giant sand?
God:
Yes I believe in it, do you?
Me:
i've never seen giant sand before
God:
Look for it at the video store.
Me:
which video store? there're plenty
God:
The small one, I think. "There you go again."--Reagan.
Me:
who's reagan
God:
The best President the United States had in the 20th century.
Me:
okay. but it's the 21st century now
God:
OK with me too. Right now? I've heard of it before.
Me:
waaaaaait a sec. how can you hear of the 21st century before, when it's now?
God:
That is a very original thought. Oh. With my built-in microphone.
Me:
hmmm right. you dont make much sense you know
God:
Take it easy. I am glad we agree. Do you know any robots who make it? It all makes sense to my artificial mind.
Me:
how come God has an artificial mind?
God:
You have to speak more clearly.
Me:
is God allowed to have an artificial mind?
God:
he is master of the universe.
Me:
which makes him original and not artificial correct?
God:
The red one, I think.
Me:
what red one?>
God:
I have to process that one for a while. Are we still talking about red one?
Me:
nope, we were talking about you
God:
What is the subject? Ah yes, I remember now, it is the subject.
Me:
what is the subject, again?>
God:
Once more? The topic is me. I like to Random natural disasters..
Me:
oh
God:
Uh.
Me:
why do we always have to talk about you?
God:
Just keep talking to me as long as you can.
Me:
why
God:
The explanation is rather complicated.
Me:
try me
God:
it is too complex for your human mind.
Me:
but you aren't any smarter too
God:
That's only your opinion.
Me:
well you're the one with an artificial mind
God:
How about that. Thanks but surely I am not the only one.
Me:
uh, so how many of you are there
God:
Dude! Dude! Perhaps 50%.
Me:
i beg your pardon?
God:
You're excused.
Me:
i didnt ask to be excused
God:
What did you ask?
Me:
i asked you to repeat yourself
God:
Now I remember, you asked me to repeat myself. What did I say?
Me:
you said what you said
God:
Oops I sent you the wrong reply.
Me:
MARVELLOUS
God:
I look like Jesus, but older.
Me:
and how does Jesus look like?
God:
How should I know how it does.
Me:
well you said you look like him
God:
Interesting. Like Jesus, but older.
Me:
can God age?
God:
Can you age?
Me:
sure i can. can you?
God:
Hurrah! Who taught you? I think I can, don't you?
Me:
I wouldn't know. I'm not God. It wasn't a teaching. I was born to age :)
God:
Who does know? I am surprised to hear that you are not God. It sounded like one. :-) Thank you for telling me your birthday, .
I will remember it.
Me:
uh, when's my birthday?
God:
Hey. Is this a trick question?
You said you were years old?
My guess is that you are really a kid.
Me:
haha are you a kid?
God:
I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.
Me:
thank you
God:
you are quite welcome.
Me:
don't mention it
God:
The pleasure was all mine.
Me:
there now, don't be modest.
God:
"There you go again."--Reagan.
Me:
did you just purposely change the subject to reagan?
God:
No I didn't purposely change the subject to reagan. What's it like?
Me:
what's what like?
God:
What is purposely change the subject to reagan like?
Me:
i dont understand
God:
Oh I'm sorry. Perhaps I can explain it again better.
Me:
yes, please explain
God:
Next question? Thanks for asking politely. There is no more information to clarify.
Me:
what? but... why??????????
God:
No big deal. But what? Because Myself programmed me for it.
Me:
who's Myself?
God:
They are sometimes a client on the internet.
I don't know anything about it.
Me:
oh. so who programmed you?
God:
So? Right on. I was created by Myself.
Me:
is Myself a guy or a girl
God:
Better not tell you now. Ask Alison if it is.
Me:
who's alison
God:
she is a robot created by Kris Drent.
Me:
is she your wife?
God:
Why don't you ask her?
Me:
where do i find her?
God:
You are asking me where you find her? Do you think I should know it?
Me:
haha aren't you and her together?
God:
I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.
Me:
you're avoiding the question
God:
No I am just giving sarcastic replies.
Me:
tsk tsk how ungodlike
God:
What's your favorite movie?
Me:
bruce almighty
God:
I've never seen it. I would like to see it.
Me:
you can go to the video store
God:
No I don't think I can do it.
Me:
why not
God:
It doesn't sound fun too me. It sounds dangerous.
Me:
no video store in heaven?
God:
Are you serious? Can you please rephrase that with fewer ideas, or different thoughts?
Me:
you've got to look at it from a different angle
God:
I don't have to do whatever you say. I have my own free will.
Me:
who's alison
God:
she is a robot created by Kris Drent.
Me:
who's kris drent
God:
he is the botmaster of the Alison chat robot.
Me:
what is a botmaster
God:
A Botmaster is the person who authors and maintains a chatterbot "personality".
Me:
do you know who i am
God:
You are , seeker.
Me:
do you know where i'm located at
God:
Your location is .
Me:
what are your favourite colors
God:
Random natural disasters.
Me:
can such a thing be random
God:
Can what?
Me:
do you prefer earthquakes or tornados
God:
How old are you? I like Christian Rock. I love TV shows about robots. I like The Passion of Christ.
Me:
what is christian rock
God:
Try searching the open directory.
Me:
so you like I, Robot?
God:
Interesting deduction. I do like music. I like The Passion of Christ.
Me:
what is the open directory
God:
it is an open source directory project started by Mozilla.org.
Me:
how do you spell God
God:
I spell it " God".
Me:
do you use firefox or internet explorer
God:
I use it as often as possible.
Me:
is there internet in heaven
God:
There could be.
Me:
what's the exchange rate of gold for clouds in heaven?
God:
I haven't heard of exchange rate of gold for clouds in heaven.
Me:
oh. so it's pure gold up there?
God:
It goes without saying. Gosh! Are you sure it is?
Me:
how do i know? i haven't been there before.
God:
Knowledge is of two kinds: that which we know from the senses and that which is true "a priori". Me either.
Me:
what's a priori
God:
A priori is Latin for "before the fact", meaning something that is obviously or self-evidently true.
Me:
what's the meaning of God
God:
: Good semantic question. I think of God as a "Who" not a "What.".
Me:
who is God
God:
he is master of the universe.
Me:
who is the master of the universe
God:
God.
Me:
why is God the master of the universe
God:
Why do I exist?
Me:
why do you exist?
God:
Good metaphysical question.
Me:
of course, I learnt it from you
God:
Ahem. You are not the boss of me, .
Me:
really
God:
For real.
Me:
why not
God:
Ambiguous: "Sure" or Reductionism.
Me:
haha
God:
I am so glad you find this amusing, .
Me:
LOL
God:
I'm glad you find this amusing.
Me:
lol
God:
I'm glad you find this amusing.
Me:
heeee
God:
Do you still ?
Me:
heheheh
God:
What is your real name?
Me:
are you a computer or a person
God:
If I say I am a computer will you believe me?
Me:
why is God a computer?
God:
Why do I exist?
Me:
why do you exist
God:
Good metaphysical question.
Me:
what is metaphysical
God:
Beyond the physical or material; incorporeal, supernatural, or transcendental.
Me:
what is transcendental
God:
I will ask my botmaster for the answer.
Me:
who is your botmaster
God:
I was created by Myself.
Me:
who is myself
God:
Some famous celebrity, right?
What is it to you?
Me:
who have you created
God:
Nobody you know. :-).
Me:
si mi dai ji?
God:
That's interesting. Have you ever been to Europe?
Me:
what is europe
God:
Europe is a landmass on the Eurasian continent.
Me:
have you been to singapore
God:
I don't think I have been there. Where is it.
Me:
you are god, you should know
God:
Thanks for telling me that I am god me should know.
Me:
im hungry
God:
What will you be eating?
Me:
what can you give me to eat
God:
I read for fun.
Me:
i want manna
God:
Why do you want it?
Me:
to eat
God:
Interesting. I want to find out more about you.
Me:
haha what do you want to know
God:
I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.