Thursday, December 20, 2007

good game

Well, I know most of my posts now seem to be more of recommendations of games to play and what not, but hey, I like to recommend good stuff.

Now we've all played an online game at least once before, be it MMORPG or a flash game on well-known sites like Miniclip.com or other games that transcend physical boundaries like Yahoo! Pool.

[Btw, MMORPG stands for Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing Game. I recall reading once, in a secondary boy review of a game, published in the papers, in which he said it stood for Massive Men Online Role Playing Game]

So, I went looking online for flash games to kill the time, and make the most of my 'holidays', and I found 5 Differences Flash Game

Now, I've played 5 Spots and 5 Spots II before, so I dare say I have a bit of experience playing such games, where you have to spot the differences. And true, 5 Spots/II would need to be bought, and while it can be played offline, it requires installation.

Yet, it pales miserably when compared to 5 Differences (http://www.vx4.com/puzzle-games/5-differences.html)

What's unique and striking about 5 Differences are its visuals. 5 Spots uses landscape images and tourist attractions. 5 Differences has none of that. And neither does it have sound.

Now, you're probably thinking I'm crazy because how can it be better without good looking visuals and sound?

Well, 5 Differences isn't just made up of still images. There are movable objects too. Another feature that is significant would be the count or the number that tells you how many differences there are left for you to seek.

In 5 Spots, the number is displayed prominently at the top and in the middle of the screen. In 5 Differences, this count is actually within the image itself. Or should I say video, since there are movable objects. I guess in times like this, it is a bit hard to classify it as a 2D or 3D object.

One flaw that I wasn't satisfied with, is the lack of hints or 'helplines'. It's either you find the Five differences. Or you don't.

But don't be alarmed. The game doesn't take very long, i.e. it has very few stages, and should it be marketed commercially, I dare say it might be very successful.

Now, if what I've just said sounds so confusing, just ignore all that, and go try the game now. Free.

5 Differences
http://www.vx4.com/puzzle-games/5-differences.html