Monday, December 31, 2007

Ah, the end of the year.

And December is here.

The end of the year.

Time of reflection and realignment with one's goals and visions and mission in life.

Time of recollection, and sorting out memories; some to be kept away permanently, others to be hung on the walls down memory lane, to be looked at occasionally, to serve as a reminder.

Time to shed the bad skin off, and let the new one grow.

Time to look back, and trudge forward. No matter the terrain or the weather.

Things I've done. Things I should have done. Regrets, hesitations. Times I turned the other way when I could have offered my seat. Times I've done an act of kindness to someone. Times I've been physically offended, and utter silent curses. Times I've used humor as a shield against insensitivity. Times I've hurt others. and been hurt myself. Times to treasure. Times to forget. Times of prayer.

[heh, you would think I'm doing an advertisement for Times, the Bookstore]

So, I've been reflecting. But reflecting isn't about thinking of the past, and falling into a snare right in front of us - the snare of self-pity and rejection, but it's about looking and saying 'there, I did that wrong. Why did I do it then? and how can I not do it again?' or remembering the special occasion 'the priceless look on her face when I helped her down the stairs'.

and Reflection's about resolutions too. Making resolutions to avoid mistakes observed and acknowledged while doing reflection.

Can't say I'm all too pleased with myself, my actions, deeds and thoughts this year. But, it has ended pretty well. Or am I just consoling myself. =X

Ah, but a new dawn beckons. The start of a new year. A start to every possible thing, of all imagination.

And make the most of the year before it flies by again.

To all you readers, here's wishing you a blessed year ahead!

Cheers,
R