Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Ah, Christmas eve.

Where people are supposed to go out, and contribute to the economy by spending.

Not for me though. I'm broke.

So I stayed at home, and ate porridge with my parents for dinner. Not that we're so broke, we only have porridge, but because my dad's sick.

And I watch TPE with my dad. No, not the expressway, no doubt that can bond parent and child too, but the TPE I mean is The Polar Express.

Of course, this would have a whole new meaning in Singapore. It would probably be The Present Express : 280, with sequels of The Present Express : 300 and The Present Express : 320.

Well, Christmas is where money is spent. All for a good cause. I hope.

[If you've been busy spending money and cashing in on good offers just to get gifts to pamper yourself, then shame on you.]

After all, Christmas is the season of giving. And sharing.

Whether friends or family
Separated by distance
Physical or emotional or mental

Whether friends or foes
Separated by feelings
hatred or anger or bitterness

Whether friends or lovers
Separated by obstacles
time or distance or love

This is Christmas, where grudges be forgiven, and barriers be removed.
And why erect the barrier, or remember the grudge, after Christmas?

Just let it go. and be at peace.

Because this is also the season for peace. and joy. and love. and happiness. that erupts from the heart.

Merry Christmas!