Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happiness

Does one need pleasures of life to be happy? I was having a minor discussion about this the other day.

Army changes oneself. It used to be the warm and comfy bed or the sumptuous and delectable meal every once in a while. Now? I'm satisfied with just a slice of Bonjour's Chocolate Chip bread and a steaming cup of coffee. Or is that a cup of steaming coffee.

But happiness would come from within and not from out in right? So then why would actions or events on the external cause an outflow of happiness from the inside?

Yet, life is but strange and peculiar, and I admit, my mind is slowly angling towards intangible riches at the moment. Perhaps it is the numerous cultural changes that makes one hold on tight to memories in a world of changing surroundings.

Food is to live, and so is water. Sleep is but to nourish the body.
Happiness heals the heart, and makes it whole again.

You make me happy :)