Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life.

Bah. Memories.
They come like a flood.
Sparked by one's stupidity.
(Why did I go visit your blog I wonder)
A walk down memory lane
becomes one's desperate run against time and tide.
Day becomes night, and land becomes sea.
A surge of torrents,
they push forward unceasingly
Devouring everything in its path
Leaving no trace behind.
Except depressions.

Colors.
They fly.
They mix and entwine.
Like two lovebirds caught
In a kaleidoscope.

The heart races and stirs.
Like a slash off one's face.
Take a dagger and stab me twice
heh, no kidding
it doesn't matter if you're naughty or nice.

That which was healed after the hurt,
its wounds but tore open again
And over time it was healed
But superficially and not within.
Till now.

You played me, I would like to think.
Or perhaps we merely had just a fling.
That is but a bittersweet memory
Till the day that I'll say Blimey!

Let me hide in a corner but no I can't do that
lest I arouse the memories of my ex.
Let me go for a walk or a ride in the bus
but that would evoke you out of my mind
Try not to, I must.

Oh, if only we didn't had such an indepth insight into our character
That every new action or thought was treated with childlike curiosity.
Where we don't have to struggle to comprehend to try to understand
To find the right mix of words phrases and lines
That which would be befitting
to ourselves.

Oh, but there is, is there not.
It's called life.
And it goes on.