Thursday, July 16, 2009

To love.

I've been doing slightly serious thinking recently, after a couple of situations occurred. One was my buddy asked me whether I preferred my secondary school days, or my poly days. And the other was his girlfriend remarking on my optimism and carefree attitude that would result in more cons than pros in the future.

And I thought about it for a couple of minutes and I decided I couldn't really compare both. The former, I helped a lot. Played the role of adviser and mentor. The latter, I enjoyed being myself. Played the role of assistant and entertainer.

How do you compare two loves of your life? Feelings by which no scale can balance?

And so I left it there. Not completely answered, but settled for the time being.

Then I bumped into my course mate in town today, and it brought back sweet memories.

And I realize the answer to that question. It's not about which part of life I prefer, or for that matter, which part of me I prefer, since we are a different person at each phase of life, it's about loving who we are and what we're doing at that point in time.

You don't have to love to study, but you can love who you are - a student. Love its privileges and trials and challenges.
And that should be the creed of many, and even more, in this age and time, where death lurks around the corner.

To love who we are, who we're with, and what we are doing at that point in time.