Sunday, May 26, 2013

I get hurt when I hurt you

I get hurt when you get hurt too.
The times I've disappointed you, the times I let you down,
They will be a part of me.

They are a part of us.
But it doesn't mean I'm gonna give up.

Yes, we are not in the honeymoon period.
We get disappointed with each other.
We cry with each other.
We laugh together.
We hurt each other.

But that doesn't mean we don't love each other.

Many moments I wish I could go back in time
But I can't.
So I lick my wounds in private
and move on.

While I want to make your life easier,
I know there are times where it gets harder instead.
Sometimes, words get miscommunicated,
Sometimes, signals are misread.

To find that balance,
as we walk together towards the future,
and invest in the present,
to learn from the past.

It won't be easy.
There will always be insecurities.
There will always be misunderstandings.
There will always be hurts and hugs
There will always be hits and misses.

What is more important, is will you still stick on?
Cause I will.

I am.