Saturday, May 25, 2013

Thank You

On one of the rare times I get to watch over you as you sleep, I can't help but be grateful.

Thinking back on how we met, the chats we had, and how it escalated to you and me being us, I am blessed.

Sometimes, I hope that you'll wake up, look around for me, smile upon seeing me and fall asleep. That doesn't mean I don't thank God for the times I slept soundly with you by my side. 

You have taught me how a relationship isn't about you or me, but about us. Not me giving and giving like in previous relationships, but in both giving and receiving.

Sure, there are times I feel second place cause work snatches your attention from me. Yet it just makes me treasure the times I do have your attention even more.

Thank You, and I can't wait to spend a lifetime with you.