Sunday, November 03, 2013

Life goes on

I know it has been a long time since I last blogged and wrote to Dear Diary about what is going on with my life, but such is life! (hah, irony)

I've gone from single to engaged, gotten a hdb flat (still in construction), witnessed a few colleagues leaving, and will see a few more going off soon.

It's often said a father is the head of the household, and his leadership determines the strength and unity of the family. In work, the manager is the head of the department and his or her mannerisms, habits, procedures, reactions either make or break the department.

In slightly over a year, I'll be in debt. But married and possibly living in a new house already! Then I'll be even more in debt due to a renovation loan. Give and take, I'll say. You can't put a price on happiness just as you can't value good leadership.

From two cats to three cats to three cats and two puppies, from Bukit Merah to Hougang and next time to Queenstown, from a church wedding and wedding dinner on one day to a church wedding on one day and wedding dinner on another, life has been turning around quite swiftly.

So swift life rushes around, so many curve balls thrown at me, that I'm not dodging. Just stopping. Adjusting and throwing it back. If the dough continually escapes being pounded, how can we stretch it further?

Yet despite all this, life is good. At times, a little bit of discontentment or disappointment sneaks in, but then as swiftly as the weather, it dissapates.

Who knows what next few months will bring, but bring it on! Every challenge has been preplanned and will but make me stronger.