Sunday, April 02, 2006

Beauty. Age. Wisdom. Baw!

Ah! The rhythm of the falling raindrops
Each a path to follow
Like the beauty of the falling leaves
Swirling and somersaulting

Concert's over. Sweet memories.
My ex gave me a flower.
Never knew having an ex would be so much
Surprise.

Night before concert and i'm wide awake at 3am.
Eyes larger than my honey's.
Can't turn the lights out, can't seem to induce sleep
So I start to think.

I'm going on 18 this year. That's more than a quarter of my life
Since I'll live to three score and ten
Which makes 70. Do the math!

One quarter about to be ka-boom!
Three quarter left to travel
52 years left to fulfil my dream.s.

Means it's one step closer to receiving my diploma.
One step closer to army admission
One step closer to getting my driving license
One step closer to marriage
To having my first kid
To having my own house
To death! Which is Life!

I look back at my toddler years and I ponder
I wonder and I think.
Am I proud? Am i satisfied?
Have I done wrong? Did any right?

I'm ashamed. Of what I did. And what I didn't do.
Of the failures. The humilation. The suffering. The torture.
My first brush with jealousy. The first spark of lust.
The first tingle of fear. First touch of death.

Yet, beneath the dark ugly evil
There abound some shafts of light.
A good deed here, a compliment there.
A life touched, a hug, a hand
A tear wiped away, a heart I helped to mend
Sorrow I comforted away
Peace and Reconciliation I played a part in.

Am I happy? Yes.
Am I satisfied? Yes.

If my soul should depart from this earth,
If my existence on this ground be removed,
I know I'll be happy.
I'll die and live happily.

Cause I have friends.
I have families.
I have none that I consider an enemy
No one that i hold a grudge to
Or one that I'm jealous of.

I'm blessed.

Amen!