Saturday, March 25, 2006

The unbalanced scale of cooperation between the heart and the mind

Once again, my feelings become my muse
Once again, love comes into play.
If you call phat love.

The weirdest thing about me is that my heart and my mind
cannot work together hand-in-hand, or should we say vein to vein?

While my heart is searching the identity of what it is feelings
my mind exerts influence and issues a direct order to my senses
what i saw last time is not what i see now
what i feel last time is not what i feel now

the heart urges a halt.
it ritards while the mind accelerandos.

Can both of them come to an agreement?
Or will history repeat itself?

Love. How great ye possession!
So powerful, cruel yet life-giving that Solomon mentioned you three times.


Song of Songs 2:7
'Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.'

Song of Songs 3:5
'Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.'

Song of Songs 8:4
'Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.'

Like quicksand with long slimy tentacles that curl around the legs and slowly pull
Like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon
Like the sunflower in its full glory
Like the rushing waters of the sea
so is love.