Sunday, December 14, 2008

chips and movies.

Some say having god-siblings became more popular as families got smaller, and both parents worked, thus leaving the child lonely and companion-less. Others blamed the influx of Western media and say it's the Asian version of frat brothers and sorority sisters.

Still others point to the imperfection in a family and the child's earnest desire to create his/her perfect family. And others say it's just one's way to be on closer ground to win the 'sibling' over to romance.

Whatever the reason, I had a good time with my two daughters today. God-daughters. After the breakup with my ex, I neglected them, partly because they reminded me of my ex, and partly because my ex was in the clique.

Self-preservation means cutting the noose that hangs you.

But that's not very selfless of me. And it was with much joy that I revelled in their company.

To just chit chat and catch up with life's happenings, and a rather insightful discussion with the older one, about relationships. Conversations that most have nary a time for.

To simply stop and smell the roses and play with chips off the old blocks.

And enjoy watching movies.