Wednesday, December 10, 2008

pop lo.

POP lo!

And three months is over. Just like that.

Today a dude from another company walked out of the file, staggered backwards before collapsing on his back.

Quite a few fell out today. Well, there was a 24km march before that, and the sun was hot. I had a severe headache from the 12km mark. The helmet always leaves me with a dreadful headache when worn for a long period of time. And the blisters that hurt too.

Thirteen weeks.

I've seen strange stuff. Sometimes you wonder if a person's character is uniquely him or a mere outcome of his upbringing. Or a little of both. If I were to reflect on myself, I can filter out several traits that are uniquely me and others that were as a result of my upbringing.

That said, the people in my bunk are super nice. Though we are all distinct and unique in our own way. Like the one that is very disciplined does not know how to laugh. And the one that has a lot of enthusiasm for military stuff always gets afflicted with either sore eyes or high fever that grants him a home stay for three days.

So well, I'm actually surprised by how much we can gel together even though we are so unique. Perhaps a bowl of chicken rice in cream of tomato soup might taste nice. Or banana noodles with baked beans.

One thing I'll miss though is the scenery. I can't even describe how breathtaking it is, to witness a sunrise or the diffusion of the hues in the sky during the setting of the sun. Or watching a praying mantis poise on a finger. Or laughing at the night sky laughing at us because there were two bright stars above a crescent curled downwards.

Memories, such memories.