Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rides Home

Night journeys home,
Each of us sits,
Lost in our thoughts,
In contemplation.

Beats that rumble,
Words don't mean a thing,
Driver yawns and moves on,
In constant tandem.

The soothing lights,
The push of cold air,
As the bus slowly lumbers
Along on its route,
In repetition.

Relaxing. Peace.
Calmness.
Blessed with what I have.
With whom I have.

If I were to die today,
Would it be of joy or grief
Or sadness or regrets?

I would pass on happily.

This is something that I haven't done for a long time. I used to ask myself at the end of each day, on my journey home. If the bus were to erupt in flames, and I flame on, would I die happily? Would i smile and accept the end of the journey, or fight because I have apologies not made, or work not done, relationships not treasured, persons that mattered.....

I would pass on happily, content in bliss.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4