Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Attach. ment

Hurray! It's Wednesday, the middle day of the week! Two more days before my First week of internship ends.

It's been an insightful experience. The office is big, honest, I could lie down in the hallway and there's still space for another half of me. It's like even bigger than band room in school. But strangely, it doesn't look that big on first sight, I'm guessing cause they didn't really decorate it that much and renovate or design their interior.

It's very very simply designed. Posters signed by artistes and celebrities line the walls, a kindof budget version of a Hall of Fame. There aren't any other decorations or ornaments. Few plants in the office. There are big wide windows, which are good, because it brings life in, but. It faces all the other tall office buildings in the city, so it kinda makes me feel rather dwarfed.

And their CDs! Gosh, Imagine the scene in Matrix where Neo is shown the full arsenal of guns to choose from. That's like my office! Except it ain't guns but CDs. And it's placed on sliding shelves on all four walls. And there are three sets of sliding shelves at each position. So, it's 12 sliding shelves, with 80% filled with CDs per shelf.

It's kinda like working at HMV or Gramaphone or other Music retail outlets except it's more compact. Kinda like Neo and The Sliding Shelves. Could be a bestseller!

Their genres are like of all kinds imaginable. From Cantonese Opera to English Oldies, to Bassoon Solos, to Japanese Rock, to Sinhalese Music! Any genre you like, they have!

I'm surrounded by music! Literally. and physically too. There's like a certain excitement when I see waveforms.
Wonder if there's something called a waveform fetish. hmmmm

It's been rather slack. I'm doing an assortment of tasks, from mixing audio to data entry to QC-ing audio programmes that ranges from an hour to two hours. My work is to listen. Honest. Though I am rather glad at the end of the day for silence and natural sounds. After all the studio stuff and all, a car horn sounds so pleasant to the ears. Even the pulsating rhythms of footsteps of the office crowd rushing for the train is music to my ears. Not that what I'm listening in office ain't music, but, just a different kind.

Kinda cool, breathing music.
Their air con makes me fart a lot.
And, no, I don't fart music.