Thursday, April 26, 2007

MY FIRST PRESS CONFERENCE

I attended my First Press Conference Today!

It was with Olivia Newton-John. And, she's like 59 but she looks in her early 40s! gosh. I've no idea if it's exercise or yoga or make up. After all, I did read up somewhere on the web that she loves to do her own make up and stuff.

But! That wasn't the most shocking part.

The most unbelievable part is that the first person I saw when I stepped into the press conference is my dear motherly lecturer cum tutor cum person-in-charge of me during my internship: MS ANGELA CHEE.

I confused my mind kind of blanked out when I saw her. She didn't see me at all when I stepped in, so my mind was busy trying to figure out how I should call her. Chee? Angela? Ms Chee? Ms Angela Chee? Cher?!

So in the end, my mind settled on, 'Ms Chee!'

And she looked up, [I'm probably the last person she expected to see], and I could tell she was surprised to see me, cause she asked me, 'What're you doing here?'

Of course, under normal circumstances, that questions would be classified as one of concern and curiosity. After all, I should be in like some office doing some desk bound job and stuff. However, at a press conference 'What're you doing here?' does seem to be a little off the mark don't you think?

Can't quite remember what I replied though I'm fairly certain it went along the line of 'I'm here for the press conference'. Which, has gotta be the worst impromptu answer I've ever gave.

Should have said something like 'I pon internship or i skipped work today' kinda thing, that fits well with my lame satirical humor.

Oh and guess what! There were more fans than media at the press conference! They should have called it a fan conference! And they wore pink!

Well, cause Olivia Newton-John's a breast cancer survivor, [in fact she even set up an Olivia breast cancer test kit!] so the local breast cancer survivors kinda look up to her as a role model and such and they certainly came out in full force to support her!

I felt ridiculously under-dressed, [I was in a simple black shirt and jeans], or rather I felt I wore the wrong color. Not That I should worn pink, mind you. I just might get mistaken for a breast cancer survivor. Though it can happen in men. maybe it should be moob cancer.

It was fun though. The questions that came up, from meeting the pope, to singing a duet with her daughter, to dragonboat racing. And the photographers. Gawd. It's like so bright can. And you wanna flash somemore. And your flash is not facing e front kind but facing the side. And I'M AT YOUR SIDE. i know la, I have small eyes and such, but doesn't mean I'm immune to your numerous flashes.

Can't these gossip-thirsty, bloodsucking photographers spare a thought for a poor, under-dressed, intern here?

Oh well, tomorrow would prove to be a fun day. A recording with Jean Danker. I pray she doesn't wear pink. If not, I'll just freak out. Honest.