Monday, April 02, 2007

post concert

Well, concert's over and it's been a less packed schedule for me.

Though it's kinda weird these few nights, cause almost every night for the past week or so, I've been chatting continuously with this female friend of mine. Now she's overseas with her bestie, [i bet they're gossiping the night away], my nights have been rather quiet and lonesome to an extent.

It's hard to find a friend whom you can chat with for like around 5 hours or so online, every night and yet not run out of topics or subjects to chat about. I guess not having to link the subjects together helps keep the conversations going.

Though her appearance in my life does make me think a little and reflect back, whether my preference for a life partner leans more towards those that are similar to me or those that are different.

It's not that easy to find a friend of the opposite gender who produces thoughts of the purest nature in a man.

And, in another 12 hours time, another friend's going overseas too. I'll miss her too. haha, not surprising since according to her nick, her life revolves around me. but. it's not what you think it is. We're just friends.

I guess i prefer thinkers. Now, will thinker prefer me?

Well, at least I managed to take a couple of strategic photos. After btab concert, where I was too shy to take photo with two babes, I guessed my courage came back when I managed to take a photo with a certain someone whom intrigued me. A lot.

Band has a lot of thinkers. I'm glad one of the leaders is a thinker. Cause the previous one certainly wasn't one.

You know, despite our concert not really being that good, I can't help but see so much potential in every bander. I guess some are destined to be a soloist with no accompaniment while others are born to be nothing else but accompaniment. But whether they remain content being accompaniment would be yet another question to ponder. After all, we all have the need to be different and to make a name for ourselves, some to fame, others to fortune, and others to rags. Guess I'm an idealist of sorts.

Sometimes, it's nice to just take a backseat. Sit alone, watch the world pass by, enjoy a cup of coffee, all by yourself. To sit in a corner, and watch people having the time of their lives, like a father watching his kids at their 1-year-old birthday party, or a mother eagle who watches with pride as her baby learns to fly, or the mother who watches her baby fall down and does nothing cause she knows to learn to walk, one has to learn to fall down.

Well, below are excepts of blog posts I found on Technorati written by those who went for TP Band concert and blogged about it:

Splendid performance put up by TP's band. And win's solo was perfectly on tune and beat. Impressed sia, two thumbs up! The familiar tunes from Jubilation overture, Noah's Ark, Persis overture are still ringing vividly in my head now. - http://mofo9.blogspot.com/2007/03/fresh-updates.html


I seriously think tp is better than us right now.. Maybe cause they have more time to practice?? who knows...
I think the 2nd half repertoire of the concert was better than the 1st..

Anyway, the conductor is so cute.. the way he conduct and all.. Love watching!!! - http://my-vanilla-life.blogspot.com/2007/03/temasek-poly-band-concert.html



The band concert was gggggreat, though I missed Noah's Ark.
Good repetoire, good conductor, the best bandies. - http://secretsatsixth.livejournal.com/32555.html


Well, the concert yesterday, in my opinion, was kind of bad. Although I don't know how much hard work the other band members have put into the performance since I was there for only one week, I could tell during the rehearsals, which section still need lots of sectional/individual practices. The rehearsals were way better than the music the audiences heard during the concert. I don't know if that's the level the band wants to achieve, but I'm sure there's still lotsa room for improvement if they want to put their hearts into it. My juniors in the audience could tell me which sections were smoking away through the pieces. But then again, the pieces aren't easy, and they are a young band afterall.

It was still fun playing for the band though. - http://sumtinkwrung.blogspot.com/


TP band concert was a blast!

They played Jubilation Overture, Noah's Ark, Spirited Away, Time Remembered, Satiric Dances, Persis Overture, Just The Way You Are, Beauty And The Beast, Into The Joy Of Spring, Chanteys and Pirates Of The Carribean. They sounded good. Although had a few mistakes, but overall, they're still good. - http://thislastsong.livejournal.com/18518.html


Watched TP concert band today at TP auditorium. Overall, I thought the performance was average only. I found the pieces played by the band very inconsistant. Sorry if any of you band members sees this ah =X.

On some pieces, the bass was good while the trebble was bad. On some others, vice versa.

And they seriously need to use the piano more!!! The piano on stage was like only for show only -.- it wasn't even used for more the 5 mins!!! DIAO -.-

Lik for the song "beauty & the beast", they did not use the piano at all eventhough it is suppose to be a piano piece. The sound which came out from the band was not bad.. But it coould've been MUCH MUCH better..

And also, there were no string instruments. Maybe just ONE, if you count the piano. But then again, it was hardly used at all. I believe the pieces that the band played could've been a hell load better if they add more string instruments into the band. - http://pika-muahaha.blogspot.com/