Thursday, June 14, 2007

Rays of sun on the water

Have you ever seen such a beautiful thing?
Rays of sunshine reflecting upon the surface of the river waters.

Like diamonds sparkling
Like the river is winking at you
Like flashes of the cameras of paparazzi

Like a secret code, a unique message, a method of symbolic interaction
As if the waters are telling you something
A way to life perhaps
A meaningless direction or a meaningful distraction

Such beauty in simplicity.
Mere light and waters.
Of course, there are technicalities involved
angles of reflection and refraction
position of the sun
amount of clouds in the sky
height and depth of the waters
current flow
position from where I'm standing
and the angle that I'm looking towards the waters
Yet, all these aside,
such beauty.
in simplicity.

You're beautiful.
Maybe others dont take heed of your beauty
They glance and walk away
I don't.
I stop.
I smile.
And i wink back at you.
At your beauty in simplicity.