Saturday, July 26, 2008

Budget shirt revolution.

Budget shirt revolution.

I went budget shirt shopping the other day. My, my how budget shirts have changed. It's good that they have taken into account spending budgets of various age groups and redefined their product ranges.

But, seriously, I think their designers are also budget-ly paid.

True, the change is refreshing. In the past, budget shops like Giordano / Hang Ten / Bossini all aimed for the children and older age gap, not willing to enter the teenage and young adult market. That would explain the checkered shirts, alongside the single colored shirts. I bet some have the full range of colored shirts in their wardrobe.

Recently, Giordano sold a new range of shirts for casual wear with rather eye-catching slogans, I dare say. Well, not as eye-catching as fcuk but, definitely attention grabbing, for its brand symbolism and company image.

Two days ago, I stepped into Hang Ten, and was astounded to see they have also started to sell shirts with messages on it. Ain't too sure about Bossini though. [wallet can't afford it].

This is a rather interesting trend, I dare say. Good for those who like catchy shirts for a low price. And, not that bad quality too. Though you have to remember to turn your shirts inside-out for your first wash. They always forget to tell you that.

All I'm waiting for is Giordano to sell its R shirt. They have M and V and a few other letters. Hang Ten would never sell that kind of range, but it's so easy, to design, print, produce, and sell. I could probably replicate the way they do their designs in photoshop.

One thing Hang Ten has to remove from its shirts is its advertising. I know, it can be so tempting to place your big fat name on the shirt, to label it as yours and yours alone, and to tell the world that 'hey! this is Hang Ten shirt!', but come on, few of us really want to help you gain free publicity. At least Giordano doesn't blatantly display its name on most of its shirts. Good job, Giordano! Keep up the good work, and of course, quick sell the R shirt.