Saturday, July 05, 2008

New House

After several days of hurried packing and caching of memories, it was time.

3/7/08 – Thursday

0631
Woken up by wake-up call from friend. Told her “Yea, thanks. I’m awake. Okay, bye bye” and went back to sleep.

0737
‘Officially’ woke up and initiated last min packing of clothes and emptying my drawers and wardrobe.

0832
Took cab to the new house with sis and a whole lot of barang barang. Needed to open the door so the Burmese painter could continue painting the walls.

0845
Reached new house. Opened the door. Went to the table and read Today newspaper that was delivered to the door.

0854
Done with news. Proceeded to play games on my mac.

0913
Painter came. Greeted him, and told him to start painting near the living room area first, because movers will put boxers there later when they arrive.

0915
Watched second last episode of Criminal Minds Season 3.

0955
Yawning and feeling a little restless. But gotta wait for movers to arrive. They would reach old house around 10 so assuming they take 20 to 30 minutes to shift and move stuff, they would reach around 1030. Can barely make it for last episode of Criminal Minds Season 3.

0956
Watched last episode of Criminal Minds Season 3.

1015
Mum called to say movers reached already, and enquired about the painter. Told her he couldn’t paint the living room area because he doesn’t like us. Nah, kidding. It’s just a lack of paint for that particular color.

1042
Criminals Minds Season 3 has officially ended in Randy-land, the Land of Ran(t)s . Bah, these stupid directors / scriptwriters! Making every finale episode a cliff-hanger. Now I’ve got to wait till Sept to find out which car exploded. I hope it’s Prentice. I don’t like her. She doesn’t really contribute much to the team. Or maybe it’s Rossi. After all, he has already solved the murder that has haunted him for twenty years. No more purpose for him to be in the B.A.U. what. Not as if the pay there is very high. Bet they buy cars in bulk, seeing each member has a black SUV.

1045
Movers arrive, and the house which was empty now becomes full of ‘character’ – boxes and furniture.

1203
Movers have left, and it’s not distribute-the-gifts time. Boxes with my name are mine. Boxes with what’s-in-it scribbled on it are my parents’. Boxers with numbers and no names are my sister’s. Black bags (garbage bags) have no labels. Open at own peril.

1330
Helped Dad set up his bed. [No, I did not just stand and wave the pom-poms.] Drank one of the few packets of Pokka Green Tea from the fridge.

1438
Computer set up. And two boxes and three black bags cleared. Yay! Six more to go. As compared to my sis who has 640278517935 more to go. [Hope she doesn’t read this or she’ll kill me]

1742
Done with my boxes save for two plastic ones, bearing my various cables. Yawns. I’m tired. My sis and mum went back to the old house to tidy it up for the new owner, while my dad’s waiting for the Ikea guy to fix up some shelves in the living room, as well as the toilet roll holder, hooks and towel holder for the two (door-less) toilets.

1837
Woke up after a nap on the floor. Damn. Forgot to put my mac to standby mode. Gotta charge it. Now which of the 20-odd boxes did my dad place those thingys that allow you to hook up three appliances to just one power socket.

1856
Ikea guy just said the towel holder and hooks cannot be installed in outside toilet because the tiles aren’t cemented properly. Apparently the workers didn’t do such a good job, and didn’t press the tile firmly onto the cement, thus creating an air pocket. So, when he tried to drill the screws in, the tile cracked. Thank God it didn’t break. As if having half the kitchen tile-less isn’t enough, and door-less toilets aren’t enough.

1928
Went downstairs to help mum and sis unload final batch of stuff from the taxi.

2003
Dinner! Finally, the growls of my stomach are silenced. By the power of food, I command thee to shut up thy growling and digest thy food!

2134
Alamak. Internet doesn’t work. Can watch cable tv so means is not the cable point. But modem was working in old house leh. Kukunana. Argh! No internet! Oh wells, at least there’s Talking Cock: The Movie, for later.

2205
Went to bathe in the master bedroom toilet. That had no door, so I closed the master bedroom door, and the windows. Good for those who have an exhibitionist streak in them eh? Too bad I don’t. And even if I do, I won’t wanna be an exhibitionist. Can be brought to court one, you know. Got many pair of eyes look down on third floor one. Then again, an open bathroom is rather practical. Imagine you got stomachache. Must chiong in, close door, strip and let all hell break loose. If no door, just chiong, strip and let the earth tremble nia. Furthermore, open bathroom good for procreation purposes as well.

2341
Watched around 45 minutes of Talking Cock: The Movie. It’s a very boring show. Like with a capital B. Messaged a few loved ones, before falling asleep.


6/5/08 - Friday

0632
Woke up briefly. Don’t know why. [Later realized my mirror dropped, but no breakage. Or it could be the rain that woke me up]. Messaged my two daughters and the Loved One before going back to sleep again.

1218
Woke up, and first thing I hear are two aunties chattering as they walk through the ‘park’ right outside my window. Hmm, if my sis had my room, and her hair was long enough, she could be Rapunzel and let her hair down for her suitors. Or get them to throw stones at her window, like those Engrish movies.

1326
Had brunch. Helped dad to put up support for the middle of curtain rods.

1603
Gas guy is late. But, it was easy to spot him, as my living room windows face out onto the road leading to my block. Can see rubbish truck come also. But this one, no need to see. Smell, can already. But really, gas guy easy to spot. You see a guy with copper cables and a trolley, means is him. Or so my dad says. I guess the other possibility is a thief carting away copper cables to sell.

1605
Playing Farm Frenzy. My Avast! Antivirus scan is still ongoing since yesterday afternoon after I set up my com. Too many files, I reckon.

1728
I’ve been thinking. Since the walkway my room window faces has a strong volume of traffic, I should sell advertising space eh! Entrepreneurship skills @ work. Or I can attempt to create my own hanging gardens. If Babylon can do it, so I can. Ai yah, but no hook. Then later my neighbor below me comprain. Besides, my first floor unit got jungle anyway. Nebermind, I should challenge myself. Make my window the brightest during festivals. Hang ‘Gong Xi Fa Cai’ during CNY, and blinking lights during Christmas. Maybe hang disco ball on Saturday nights also. Just kidding! But got one thing I hang, everybody will also hang. National Day flag. Hmm, wonder if I put up a banner that says God Loves You, will tio summon not. Do my part to spread the love ma.

1932
Went for dinner at Tampines. Jack’s Place. Yum yum. Black pepper sauce got a bit of kick. They’ve improved. But too little sauce la. So kiam siap.

2301
Just came back from Ikea with ironing board, and mirrors, and boards and others.

2338
Just bathed in outside toilet. Used shower curtain to cover. You think free show ah? Bathe cold water make me breathe a lot seh. Wonder how effective my facial wash is, when used with cold water. After all, no hot water, so the pores don’t open up, so means it doesn’t clean my face thoroughly ma right? But then, also means body pores not open, so the soap won’t work what. Then again, it’s Dettol. It will give me a greenish outline when you snap a photo or take video of me. But so weird ah, this kinda stuff. It says on its bottle it will remove unseen bacteria. But, if the bacteria is unseen, how will you know whether the bacteria is really removed or not. Not as if, can use magnifying glass and check what. I can go and mix bittergourd with milk chocolate then sell to you as bitter chocolate what. Eh wait, wrong analogy. Hmm, I can buy a towel and then sell to you, saying I coated it with an extra solution that will wipe away all dirt from you and you won’t feel the difference. But the dirt is invisible to the naked eye one, unlike oil in Macdonald’s French fries, it’s machiam like wearing shades at night. Cannot see one.

2350
Okay, I’m done with writing these blog posts. Shall post them tomorrow, when the Starhub guy comes and fixes up the internet. Even though I won’t be back till evening. Meeting my two lovely daughters tomorrow, to go to Woodlands. Strange ah, Woodlands. Then next time got Plasticland and Metaltown. Well, off to the Land of Joy tomorrow. Cheers, and goodnight. I shall use this low [Sings Low from Flo Rida] $9.70 ironing board that we bought from NTUC at Tampines. Better use it at least ten times, so at least each use is worth a dollar. Adios amigos, and lots of love, from Ran(t)sland, where he that don’t run, ran. Whatever that means.


5/7/08 - Saturday

1015
Took a bath. Gah! Cold water. It’s so tantalizingly refreshingly cool. Hmm, do you know, if you shake your head from left to right, as you hum, you can ‘manually’ do a vibrato. And, the sound wavers more when humming under cold water. Well, not directly under cold water, but like from the shower you know. A lame friend I know would probably tell me under cold water is the sink, or the kitchen floor. You know it’s you I’m talking about, don’t look away! :p
Shall blog this tonight, when my internet comes back. Ciao!