Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cuil

A new search engine is in town. I know, most of us wouldn't care about it. After all, we have Google and Yahoo! and... that's about it. Honestly, I can't really be bothered about search engines. I think one is enough.

I remember a few years ago. There were plenty of search engines available on the market, and then there were mega search engines which, ironically, searched search engines. I guess the search engines search the web pages, but with so much information available, one would need a search engine to search the search engines' results.

It's called Cuil, pronounced as Cool. It has about a 120 billion web pages, and promises to be even better than Google.

Ironically, its founders actually came from Google.

Well, you can go give it a try at www.cuil.com