Friday, July 25, 2008

Updates

Howdy.

Been awhile since I blogged in 'simple english' as some of my friends call it.

I had to pack stuff cause today was office d-day. Bah! Two shifts in a month. Wonder if there's a name for fear of boxes. Of course there are distinct differences between shifting of house, and shifting of office. I had to dump my clothes in garbage bags because there weren't enough boxes. In office, however, there are never too little boxes, [meaning a lot of boxes, for those who need simpler english]. And we have lots of bubble wrap, and masking tape, and scotch tape. Tomorrow's another D-day though, cause what that has been packed, needs to be unpacked.

Anyway, I think I'm too engrossed in the virtual world. Just yesterday, I was thinking wouldn't it be nice if I could just copy and paste everything into the new office. But life doesn't work that way. It would be nice if we could control-z everytime we made a mistake, or shut down everytime we did not want to live, or press the delete key when we said something wrong. But, life doesn't work that way. And as much as we want memories to be stored endlessly, it will one day fade away.

Which is why we can't think too far ahead. Aye, it's good to make plans for the future, but there's a difference between that and counting chickens before they hatch. One could think about becoming a doctor or lawyer, prince or princess, but not study today, and one would never become one's dream.

Sometimes it's being frank and honest, that gets one to think and realize how wrong one is. I'm like a stone. Throw me into waters and I'll cause ripples. But whether these ripples are good or bad, depends on the waters.

We can't judge others till we've judged ourselves. And, when can we ever stop judging ourselves?

I have had a huge emotional fall the other day. Brought it upon myself. It's like smashing your head into a wall, you know. Well, you probably won't know, but I'm sure you can imagine. Thank God I had pillars of strength. One's down temporarily but the other's still strong. Strange, I never thought of myself as charismatic. Influential, yes, since I influenced my whole department to watch Heroes last year, and taught them how to use Boss Shortcut Key for Messenger Plus! and aided the process of switching to Firefox 3 recently. But, charismatic? Am I?

Sometimes it's hard to tell people to switch to Firefox 3 especially since they're young, because it would be so much easier to switch over to greener pastures only after they've experienced every flaw of their original browser. [Note that I'm not mentioning the name.]

Well, work's fun and all. Three jobs can be taxing, but I should be stopping them soon. Though soon never comes enough. Cause money ain't never enough. Would you believe the price of my Kimchi cup noodle has rose by twenty cents.

Vanessa Hudgens doesn't sound that good on her album. Laurent Voulzy does sound nice, with his English oldies compilation, despite his nationality. And who ever thought Kate Ryan's euro dance music could be infectious.

And now I'm living on an analogue clock in my room, simply because the pocket sockets shouldn't be overloaded with electrical appliances. No la, I don't have the kitchen in my room. Just the router and modem, and a macbook charger, and a phone charger, and my computer, and my sonic gear 2.1 sound system.

Analogue and not luminous so I can't tell the bleddy time in the night till I turn on the clock light. Which also happens to be the snooze button. Fantastic design eh. Imagine if I set my alarm clock to go off at night. Can't see the time without snoozing it which means it would go off again. A lighted snooze. Delighted sneeze.

Well, that's all for me. Don't know why I'm rambling on and on, or maybe it should be ranbling since it's randy, but then it sounds like ran bling as in bling bling. Okay okay, I'll stop the crap. For now.

Cheers. Have fun young and old, rich and poor. With school or work or both, and worries and wearies and ups and downs and ebbs and flows, and laughter - very important! - of life.