Friday, September 10, 2010

Men in Menstruation

I just came across this blog that made a rather interesting read.

http://meninmenstruation.wordpress.com/

Don't ask how I stumbled across it, though strangely I kind-of relate to him.

I find it right insightful though. I mean, his godsisters tell him when their periods come, and he even records it down on a calender. It's like as if he's their father or uh period manager. Which I suppose isn't all that bad for his girls, because they don't really need to worry about bringing out pads or being caught off-guard. Just ask him to bring some. Though I kinda bet he already brings a few in his bag around nearer their periods.

I doubt it would ever happen over here though. Too socially-shy and all. Though I would definitely keep track of my girlfriend's dates so I know when not to go out, or when to ask if she wants a hot drink instead of a cold one. Simple things, you know.

Besides, I really agree with the writer about how it shouldn't be so gender-biased. Perhaps we should talk about it more. But what to do?! We are brought up in a conservative society what.

Though I definitely would try to cultivate an open concept within my family. Periods, sex, and low birth rates. Transparency would be good too I think.