Sunday, July 31, 2005

tdae.. a girl.. nice smile!

haha.. i enjoyed myself tremendously today.. because of an incident that brightened up my day.
i was cycling at the park in the evening near the the Bird Sanctuary end of the park when i looked to my right (I was on the pedestrian lane) and saw a mother and a daughter on a bike. those two seater bicycle. anyway, they were, like, diagonally in front of me so, as i looked at them, the little girl looked at me. She was probably in lower primary, around 7 yrs old?? Her eyes had that mischievous look and her legs still continued pedaling. Sad for her, her mum had stopped pedaling so it didn't take much effort to be in alignment with them. Naturally the mother had no idea what transpired between me and her daughter.
As i inched forward, the daughter, while looking at me, pedaled even harder. Thus began the unprecedented race. between me and a girl half my age. what started the race? Smiles, grins and messages transmitted through the eyes.
Hee! I couldn't help it but I was grinning for the whole length of the race while her look changed from the I-can-cycle-faster-than-you to the I-don't-believe-you-cycle-that-fast. LOL. Of course, part of the fuel for my grins would be her ear-to-ear smile. :D
anyway, there we were. Me, on the pedestrian lane, planetshakers blaring in my earphones. eyes focused in front to avoid hitting small kids and others while i checked their 'progress' through my peripheral vision. She, on the hand, burdened with a mother oblivious to all that was taking place, was cycling as hard as she could.
Naturally I could have won her but well, i gave her leeway every now and then. There were times I was ahead and there were times I let her go ahead. Unfortunately, the race swiftly ended when the mother decided to turn right instead of going straight which was where i was heading. So, well, I sure do hope I might see that girl again.
You wonder why this would perk up my day? Simply, because it goes to show that firstly, you dont need to know a person to smile at that person, and secondly, there are people (ok, maybe kids) that, though you may not know, but you can have an enjoyable experience with. :)