Thursday, September 08, 2005

to the place of relief

well. my toilet's going to undergo a major facelift so this post is dedicated to this place of rest which has relieved me in the past few years.


You helped me in times of need
in times of pain and agony
you have heard my every sound
from forte (loud) to pianossimo (very soft)
from an unsteady tempo of varying notes
to the regular speed of rushing water

You relieved my every burden and made my day brighter
You gave me so much pleasure and made me so much smarter

you heard me as i bathe, my out-of-tune songs
you watched me as i cried, when i was down and out
you know me as i wake, my eyes groggy and unclear
you see me as i'm about to sleep, the toothbrush within my teeth

you know the clothes i wear, the various colours and sizes
you watched me as i shaved, as i gelled and as i sprayed
deodorants and others, gel and wax and clay
naked to fully clothed, you have seen them all.

to the place that has sustained and received what i do not want
to the room that has provided me rest, inwardly of course
i thank you for your patient and i know if you could speak
the first thing you'll say would be : "can i not receive your shit"