Friday, July 21, 2006

hMM how I used to fall aslp last time



Hey there! Guess what?! I've finally discovered how to preset the font face and size for my blog posts. Which means blog posts from now will never be the same again!

hMm I've been really thinking whether I really want an audio career. After all, reflecting upon today, audio's quite fair to me. I did a successful V.O. and failed at another. Sometimes visualising, or maybe it should be 'hearing' what your ideal product or radio commercial will be doesn't really help much because you have to factor in volume, depth, tempo and blah blah blah. and I kind of wonder, the warmer the room, the wider the range of the V.O., yet the Audio Editing Suites in school are super duper cold. Perhaps one of the reasons why my V.O. today sucked badly.

Yet, deep down inside, I know I really want an audio career. I remember when I was younger, around ten-ish, I pretended to be a deejay and talked myself to sleep. literally (no pun intended).

Back then, I used to listen to 105.5 FM every now and then and there were nights where I just could not sleep. So i pretended my bolster was a mic and just talked to the wall. I would play a CD on my Stereo Sound System and pretend I was introducing the tracks, the way the DJ introduced it on 105.5 FM.

So, well I guess Audio's the way for me. Now, it's just about which path to choose.

It's kinda weird trying to help a younger kid cause ya've been thru what se's been thru but its hard for u to tell her tt she'll get out of it alive and blah blah blah cause well, its beyond your grasp. It's kinda like watching the butterfly forcing its way out of its cocoon. You feel moved by its courage and perseverance and just want to lessen its suffering but if it doesn't force its way out of the cocoon by its own strength, it won't succeed in life. There's a certain level of helplessness knowing you cant do anything but knowing you should do something.